Pesara Pappu Pacchadi is a famous and simple chutney which goes well with breakfast or rice. Its easy to prepare but tasty and healthy. Enjoy cooking, serving and savoring this chutney.
Moong dal: 1 1/2 cup
Red chilli: 5- 6 nos
Salt as required
Lemon: 1 (small size)
For Tempering :
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Hing: A pinch
Curry leaves few
Coriander for garnishing
Oil: 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Soak Moong dal for 1 hr along with red chillies
- Drain the water and grind to a smooth paste with required amount of salt.
- Add lemon juice to ground paste and transfer chutney to a bowl.
- Heat kadai/wok and add oil and mustard seeds. Once seeds crack, add Cumin seeds, Urad dal, a pinch of hing and curry leaves.
- Pour the tempering (tadka) on chutney and DO NOT mix. (Allow tempering to settle in chutney on its own)
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves.