Lady’s Finger is most people’s favorite vegetable. Karam Petti Koora (Karam means Hot in Telugu), a spicy curry is an authentic South Indian Dish which is super easy and fast to cook. Njoy! Cooking, Serving and Savoring this exotic dish.
Lady’s finger( Bhendi) : 250 gms, washed, dried and cut into inch length pieces.
Tamarind : small lemon sized
Urad dal : 1 tbsp
Chana Dal : 2 tbsp
Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
Red chillies : 5 nos
Oil 2 tbsp
Salt as required
Curry leaves – 1 twig
Method of Preparation:
- Dry roast Urad dal and Channa dal in a kadai until golden brown in colour. Dry roast Coriander seeds until aroma arises.
- Transfer it to a plate and allow it to cool.
- In the same kadai pour oil and add washed and cut pieces of bhendi. On a low flame, shallow fry the till they become soft / cooked.
Meanwhile grind the dry roasted Urad Dal , Channa dal and Coriander seeds along with Red chillies into a coarse powder.
- Soak the tamarind and extract pulp .
Now add the tamarind pulp and grounded powder to the bhendi .stir it occasionally and cook for 2/3 minutes and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with curry leaves or you can add them when the bhendi is half cooked.