The moment you hear Boorelu, it sounds like Grandma’s dish with time consuming preparation. But, here comes a recipe for Instant Boorelu which can be cooked anytime, any day, without much preparation. Njoy! Cooking, Serving and Savoring.
Jaggery : 1 cup
Channa dal : 1 cup
Cardamom: 4-5 crushed
Maida : 1 cup
Oil for deep frying
Method of Preparation:
- Wash and Pressure cook the channa dal for 3 whistles, allow cooker to cool and drain excess water.
- Take 1 cup of jaggery in a vessel add very little water to it. Now place this on stove and cook it on low flame adding crushed cardamom till the syrup gets thin string like consistency.
Add cooked channa dal to jaggery syrup.
- Cook them together again to get thick consistency.
- Let it cool down for few minutes. This mixture is called Poornam.
Meanwhile, tke a pan pour oil and keep it on stove. Check the temperature of oil for deep frying.
Add water to maida to make a batter thicker than dosa batter.
- Now make the poornam into small sized round balls.
Dip the poornam balls in maida batter and drop each one carefully in oil. Fry them on low flame turning for both sides till they turn colour (this takes approximately 5 minutes).
- Take boorelu on a plate spread with paper napkins to absorb excess oil.
- Poornam Boorelu are now ready to serve.
Tip: This type of preparing boorelu is preferred when you don’t have time to prepare regular boorelu using urad dal and rice batter for coating.