Dibba rotti / Minapa rotti / Indian pan cake
Urad dal: 1 cup
Rice Rawa: 2 cups
Idly Rawa: 1 cup
Salt as required
Oil to fry roti: 1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Wash and soak Urad dal for 3 hrs, and soak both rawas separately for 1 hour each
- Drain excess water and grind using wet grinder to a smooth paste using sufficient amount of water to get thick consistency.
- Transfer the batter to a large container.
- Now the squeeze water from the rawas and add this to the already grounded Urad dal batter.
- Mix thoroughly adding salt. Allow this mixture to ferment overnight. Tip: Keep enough space in the container for fermentation.
- Next day morning heat tawa and pour 1 tsp oil. Pour 3 ladles full of batter on the tawa at once and without spreading across the pan like a dosa. Tip: Allow the ladles full of batter to settle on its own on the tawa.
- Cover the tawa with a lid. After 5 min check for cooking and turn it to another side. Cook until both sides of Dibba Rotti turns golden brown in colour.
- Transfer to a plate, pour melted ghee (1/2 tsp) on it and serve hot with Palli (peanut) chutney.