Palli Chutney/Peanut Chutney
Peanut/ground nut: 1 cup
Green chilli: 3-4 nos
Tamarind: small lemon size/ Indian goose berry size
Salt as required
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Channa dal: 1 tsp
Jeera/ cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Hing: a pinch
Curry leaves: A sprig
Method of Cooking:
- Heat kadai/wok, dry roast the ground nut on low flame till the roasted aroma comes. Tip: To check for roasting take one peanut and remove the husk. The husk should come very easily.
- Transfer them to a flat plate allow them to cool. Once cooled, remove the husk.
- Take the groundnuts into a mixer grinder, add salt, tamarind and green chillies.
- Initially grind without adding water so that the ingredients blend well.
- Now, add a cup of water and grind again to a smooth paste and to get the desired consistency.
- Transfer chutney to a bowl and garnish with tempering.
- Palli/Peanut/Ground nut chutney is ready to serve with Idly/ Dosa/ Minapa rotti