Saggu Biyyam (Sago) Pakodi
Easy, tasty, healthy and mouth watering snack for every taste bud – Saggu biyyam pakodi. Njoy Cooking, Serving and Savoring!
Sago: 1 cup
Thick curd: 2 cups
Carrot: 1 (grated)
Coriander: 1 small bunch
Green chillies: 2/3 nos
Onion big: 1
Oil: for deep frying
Salt as required
Rice flour: 2 tbsp( for binding)
Optional: can add garam masala / ginger garlic paste
Method of Preparation:
- Wash one cup of sago and soak in 2 cups of thick curd/yogurt with required amount of salt for 4-5 Hours.
- Add grated carrot and finely chopped onion, green chillies,rice flour and coriander and mix well.
- Take oil in a deep pan/kadai/wok for deep frying.
- Heat oil and check the temperature for deep frying.
- Make small balls of sago mixture and drop the balls slowly into the oil.
- Lower the flame to medium and fry the balls till they turn dark brown in colour.
- Transfer fried balls to a plat spread with paper napkins to absorb excess oil
- Serve them while hot.