Poached pears in sugar syrup
This is a simple but interesting recipe, which can be made in just 10 minutes. Children enjoy different varieties of food especially my kids. They don’t like to eat regular fruits. So I tried this way and made it look presentable and they enjoyed J. Njoy Cooking, Serving and Savoring!
Sugar: 5 tsp
Pears: 2 nos ( cut into pieces of required size and shape )
Water: for making syrup
Cardamom: 4 nos
Honey: 1 tsp
Sliced Cherries a few (Optional)
Method of preparation:
- Turn on the stove, place a bowl and pour 2 cups of water.
- Add 5 spoons of sugar, crushed cardamom and boil for 5 minutes.
- Wash and cut the pears into slices and drop them in boiling sugar syrup. Cook them for five minutes.
- Drain the excess water and transfer them to a serving plate and squeeze some honey on the pears and garnish with sliced cherries.
- Poached Pears are ready to eat.