Pineapple Rasam – Sounds interesting and it tickles every taste bud with its tangy, sweetish, hottish flavor. Its easy to prepare with the right choice of pineapple. Njoy Cooking, Serving and Savoring!
Pineapple: 1 small cup ( finely chopped)
Rasam Powder: 2 tsp
Tomato: 1 no
Tamarind: small lemon size
Jaggery: 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1tsp
Jeera: 1 tsp
Hing: a pinch
Curry leaves: A sprig
Coriander leaves: few
Oil: For tempering (1tsp ghee and 1 tsp gingelly oil)
Method of cooking:
1. Heat kadai and pour 1 tsp ghee and 1tsp gingelly oil, 5add mustard seeds and jeera. When it pops out add a pinch of hing.
2. Now add finely chopped pineapple and fry for a minute.
3. Add finely chopped tomatoes and mix well. Fry everything for five minutes.
4. Now add 4 cups of water, curry leaves, turmeric, tamarind pulp, rasam powder, 1tsp jaggery and required amount of salt as per your taste buds. Bring it to boil for 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves. Now Pineapple Rasam is ready to serve hot with rice.