Gulla sanaga pappu (putnalu): 2 cups
Garlic: 15-20 flakes
Red chillies: 15-20
Salt: As required
Oil: 1/2 tsp
Method of preparation:
1. Roast all the ingredients with half tea spoon oil.
2. Transfer into a plate and allow them to cool down.
3. Grind all the ingredients adding required amount of salt to a fine powder.
4. Store the powder in an airtight container.
5. The putnalu podi is ready to be served with hot rice and melted ghee or even with dosa/idly.
1.Any powder should be stored in an airtight container to retain its aroma and freshness .
2. After grinding the powder in a mixer grinder certain amount of heat generates in it. So immediately we should transfer into a flat plate allow them to cool down and store in an airtight container.