Needless to mention the name itself tells the purpose of this powder. This powder can be used for various curries like “gutti vankaya Koora” (stuffed bringal curry) for stuffing, bhendi curry, ridge gourd curry and even for fries.
Chana dal: 2 cups
Urad dal: 1 cup
Coriander seeds: 1 1/2 cup
Red chilli: 10 nos.
Jeera: 1/2 cup (optional)
Method of preparation:
1. Dry roast all the ingredients separately till they turn into golden brown colour and lastly mix them together and fry for a moment.
2. Fry red chillies for a minute.
3. Transfer them into a plate and allow to cool down to room temperature.
4. Take a mixer grinder and powder them into a fine to medium coarse powder, transfer to a plate and allow it to cool to room temperature.
5. Transfer the powder into an airtight container and can be used for 2 months.
1.This powder can be used for bhendi fry, gherkin (dondakaya fry, aloo fry etc. just add 2 tsp of the powder at end of cooking.
2. If you want to try variation just add the spices like garlic, cinnamon and copra powder along with curry powder.