My friend says, Papadums or Masala Papad is more frequently available in any restaurant in UK than in India. Its one of the most widespread Indian super snacks and most preferred while waiting for food to be served. Here I present this simple and yet tasty appetizer.
Oil: for frying papad
For the masala:
Onion: big 2 nos.
Tomatoes: big 2 nos.
Coriander leaves: 1 small bunch
Ground nut/ peanut: 2 tbsp.
Cashew: 1 tsp
Chat masala : 1 tsp ( optional)
Lemon juice: 1 tsp
Salt: as required
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Method of preparation:
1. Take a kadai, pour oil and deep fry the papads one after the other one.
2. Transfer fried papads using perforated spoon onto a plate spread with kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
3. Wait for five minutes and store the papads in an airtight container.
4. Now finely chop the onions and tomatoes. Take few cashews and peanut in a mortar pestle and crush them coarsely. Keep it aside.
5. Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients thoroughly making for masala.
6. Now take a papad, place the masala on it and serve immediately.
1.After placing masala on papads you should consume immediately or else they turn soggy.
2. Fried papads can be stored for a day or two and masala papads can be made whenever required.