Arati kaya: 1 no( big)
Ginger: 1 inch piece(finely chopped)
Garlic: 4-5 flakes(finely chopped)
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Jeera powder: 1 tsp
Dhaniya powder: 1 tsp
Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
Coriander leaves : 1 small bunch( Finely chopped)
Salt : As required
Oil: 1 /2 tbsp for shallow frying.
Method of cooking:
- Rinse and peel the skin of raw banana and cut into big cubes and keep them in a bowl with water. Otherwise the colour changes.
- Now cook them using pressure cooker for 3 whistles. Or if you want to save fuel and time directly cook along with rice in a pressure cooker placing in a plate above rice vessel.
- Once the pressure settles open the lid and take the banana plate and allow it to cool down.
- Smash the cooked raw banana pieces with hand and add all the above mentioned spices.Mix thoroughly and keep it aside.
- Now take a pan pour 2 tbsp of oil.Take a small round ball out of mashed banana and make it into required shape either round or oval shape.
- Place them one by one onto the pan slowly and shallow fry on low flame for both sides for approximately 10-15 minutes or till they turn into golden brown.
- Once they turn into golden brown transfer them onto a plate and serve hot with rice and melted ghee.This can also be served with rasam rice .