Virgin pina colada(it’s a Spanish word)is a mock tail which satisfies our thirst during summertime. Actually virgin pina colada is nonalcoholic version of pinacolada(Puerto Rico’s official drink).when I first tasted the drink it was awesome. I was amazed after knowing the ingredients. Its very tasty with simple ingredients. Here I present virgin pina colada.Njoy, Cooking n Savoring!
Pineapple: 2 cups(chopped into wedges)
Thick coconut milk: 1-1 1/2 cups
Sugar: 2 tbsp
Ice cubes: 5/6nos.
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse thoroughly and cut pineapple into wedges and keep aside. For making this drink half pineapple would be sufficient.
2. For making coconut milk either grate or cut the coconut into small pieces. Take a blender put the pieces into it and grind to a smooth paste adding little water or coconut water.
3. This is strained using filter or muslin cloth to get the first extract. This is called thick coconut milk.
4. This thick coconut milk is used for making virgin pina colada.
5. Now again take a mixer grinder put pineapple wedges and sugar blend it thoroughly to a smooth purée so that no pieces of pineapple should present in it.
6. Pour thick coconut milk into it and blend it once again.
7. Transfer the drink into glasses and can be served chilled adding ice cubes.