Tawa idly is another variation of idly like idly fry (posted already in my earlier recipes).This is simple and quick evening snack for kids which is made easily with leftover idlies.It is tossed with butter, onion, jeera powder and coriander powder with a pinch of garam masala in a non stick tawa. Here I present delicious tawa idly to impress kids. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Idlies: 3 nos.
Onion: 1 no.(Big)
Cumin powder(Jeera powder): 1 tsp
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Garam masala: A pinch
Hing: A pinch
Salt: As required
Coriander leaves: few
Turmeric: A pinch
Butter: 1 tbsp
Method of preparation:
1. Take non stick tawa , place on stove and heat it. Put 1 tbsp of butter into it.
2. Chop onions into tiny pieces and fry for 2 minutes adding pinch of salt and turmeric.
3. Add cumin powder, coriander powder and fry for a minute.
4. Place idlies on tawa and sauté both sides on low flame for 5 minutes.
5. Add small quantity of salt because already idlies contain good amount of salt and also a pinch of garam masala to it.
6. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and transfer onto a plate.
Now the tawa idly is ready and can be served with palli chutney.
Here the key ingredient is butter, also i added cumin powder and coriander powder.you can add your favorite spices and enjoy the dish.This tastes best with palli chutney.Check my palli chutney recipe which was posted earlier.