Brinjal: 250 gms
Ginger : 1 inch piece
Green chilli : 4 nos.
Salt: As required
Turmeric: A pinch
Oil: 2 tbsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Curry leaves: 2 sprigs(Few)
Chitti vadiyalu(urad dal friums small): 1 tbsp
Hing(Asafoetida): A pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse and cut the brinjal into cubes and put them in water with salt and turmeric.otherwise brinjal changes it’s colour and taste.
2. Take a kadai and pour 1 tbsp of oil and put the brinjal pieces, Add required amount of salt and turmeric.
3. Cook the brinjal pieces on low flame and mix them occasionally.
4. Meanwhile in a mixer grinder put ginger ,green chilli and grind to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
5.when the brinjal pieces are half cooked add ginger green chilli paste to it. Mix thoroughly.
6. Cook the pieces till they are completely done.
7. Transfer the curry onto a bowl.Do the tempering and pour onto the curry.
8. For the tempering put small kadai pour 1 tbsp of oil. Add urad dal, chana dal, mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they are almost done fry the chitti vadiyalu for a minute. And also add curry leaves and a pinch of hing.
9. Now the vankaya allam karam is ready and can be served with hot rice and a tsp of sesame oil.