Lemon rasam is South Indian recipe. Though rasam is originated from South India, now it has been adopted all over India. In Tamilnadu homes rasam is included in regular meal. Lemon rasam is made with lemon juice, coriander leaves along with cooked toor dal. This rasam is very different in taste and can be made during any rainy day. This rasam can be served as soup or with steamed rice along with any stir fry/poriyal.Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Lemon: 1 no.(Big)
Rasam powder: 2tsp
Water: 3 cups
Sugar: 1 tsp
Salt: As required
Curry leaves: few
Coriander leaves: few
Ghee: 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Red chilli: 1 no.
Hing(Asafoetida): A pinch.
Method of preparation:
1. Cook 1 tbsp of toor dal along with rice for 6/7 whistles.
2. Once the pressure settles down take out the toor dal and mash it thoroughly.
3. Transfer the toor dal into a vessel, pour 3 cups of water. Add curry leaves, coriander leaves, 2 tsp of rasam powder and required amount of salt.
4. Bring it to boil. Allow the rasam to boil for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
5. Switch off the flame and cool down the rasam to room temperature. Meanwhile heat kadai pour ghee and add mustard seeds,when it pops out add cumin seeds,hing ,red chilli into it.
6. Rinse big lemon and cut into two halves. Squeeze the lemon juice with lemon squeezer into rasam and mix thoroughly.
7. Now the lemon rasam is ready and can be served with steamed rice.