This is an amazing dessert suited for all seasons.Its very simple, easy and highly nutritious.I have added seasonal fresh fruits and also dry fruits of my choice.Fruit salad with custard is one of the best recipes for the intake of fruits.Usually I use either”brown and polson ” or “blue bird “custard powders.Here I present fruit salad with custard ( Vanilla flavour). Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Banana: 1 no.
Apple: 1 no.
Mango: 2 tbsp( finely chopped)
Pineapple: 1 tbsp
Papaya: 1 tbsp
Sapota: 2 nos.(for garnishing).
Raisins: 1 tbsp
Cashews: 1 tsp
Badam: 1 tsp
Saffron: few strands
Chironji (Sara pappu): 1 tsp
Ingredients for making custard:
Custard powder(Vanilla flavour): 4 level tbsp
Milk: 1 litre.
Sugar: 6 tbsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Boil 1 litre of milk and allow it cool down.
2. Take 1/2 cup of milk from 1 litre of milk and mix 4 level table spoon of custard powder thoroughly without forming any lumps in a small cup and keep it aside.
3. Boil remaining milk on low flame using heavy bottomed vessel preferably copper bottom steel vessel and add sugar.
4. Add custard paste slowly to the sugar added boiled milk and stir continuously for 1-2 minutes in order not to stick to the vessel.
5. Allow it to cool down and refrigerate for couple of hours.The custard can be used for 1/2 days.
6. Clean and finely chop the fruits and keep them in separate bowls.
7. Crush the dry fruits in a mortar pestle and keep them aside.
8. After chopping banana and apple immediately add sugar to prevent from decolorisation.
9. Take a bowl , spread a layer of chopped fruits and pour custard onto it.
10. Likewise spread the fruits and custard alternatively .
11.Garnish with remaining chopped fruits , dry fruits and saffron strands.
12. Before serving transfer the custard to a serving bowl and pour choco syrup onto it and can be served chilled.