Dosakaya pachadi/cucumber chutney another variation
I have already posted dosakaya pachadi/cucumber chutney in my previous recipes. But yet this is also similar and simple recipe with minimum ingredients.So I wanted to share this other variation also.Here I present very easy, tasty and spicy dosakaya pachadi which can be served with hot steamed rice. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Dosakaya/Cucumber: 1 no.
Red chillies: 7/8nos.(adjust accordingly)
Fenugreek seeds: half tsp
Coriander seeds: 1 tsp
Blackgram/urad dal:1 tsp
Bengal gram/Chana dal: 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Asafoetida/hing: A pinch
Rock salt: As required
Tamarind: small lemon sized
Oil: 1 tbsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse thoroughly cucumber under running water. Peel the skin and chop into fine pieces. Place them in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Now heat small Kadai pour 1 tbsp of oil. Add mustard seeds,fenugreek seeds,coriander seeds, urad dal n chana dal. When mustard splutters add red chillies and a pinch of Hing too.Transfer them onto a plate and allow them to cool.Meanwhile soak small lemon sized tamarind in water.
3. Take a mixer grinder put half of fried fenugreek seeds, urad dal, Chana dal and mustard seeds. Put all the fried red chillies adding required amount of salt and grind to a smooth fine powder.
4. Now add only soaked tamarind.Grind to a smooth paste.The leftover water can be used later for sambar/rasam.
5. Now add finely chopped cucumber. Use pulse option in mixer grinder to mix spices with chopped cucumber and also to remain crunchiness in cucumber.
6. Transfer the pachadi into a serving bowl and pour the leftover tempering onto it.
7. Now the dosakaya pachadi(Cucumber chutney) is ready and can be served with hot steamed rice.