Coconut burfi is very delicious and it just melts in mouth. Usually we make coconut chutney, coconut rice and sometimes any vegetable poriyal(Stir fry) using coconut.Now it’s festive season,we frequently offer coconuts to God as Naivedhyam. For a change it’s time to prepare coconut burfi with leftover coconuts.The preparation is very simple with few ingredients. The burfi tastes awesome when prepared with fresh grated coconut. If fresh coconut is not available we can use frozen coconut or desiccated coconut. But the taste of burfi made with desiccated coconut is slightly different. Here I present delectable coconut burfi to enjoy any day. Njoy Cooking,Serving n Savoring!
Grated fresh coconut: 2 cups
( one cup is approximately half coconut)
Sugar: 1 3/4 cups( you can even use 2 cups for more sweetness)
Cardamom pods: 4/5nos.
Ghee: 2 tsp.
Raisins: 10 nos.
Method of preparation:
1. Heat Kadai pour 1 1/2 tsp of ghee into it.Use remaining ghee to grease the plate.
2. Fry first cashews and almonds till they change colour. Then fry raisins in the same Kadai till they puff up well. Transfer them onto a plate.
3. Now take 2 cups of grated fresh coconut.
4. Take same Kadai in which dry fruits are roasted , put grated fresh coconut and pour sugar into it. Mix thoroughly with a large spoon.
5. Keep on stirring the mixture continuously in order to avoid sticking to the bottom of the Kadai.Crush the caradmom pods using mortar pestle and add to the coconut sugar mixture .
6. Almost after 15 -20 minutes while stirring the mixture will not stick to the Kadai.
7. The ghee in the mixture releases from it.Now the burfi is ready.
8. Immediately switch off the stove and pour the coconut mixture onto a greased plate or tray.
9. Evenly spread the coconut burfi with spatula on plate and carefully press and arrange fried dry fruits on the burfi. Carefully cut the burfi into required size and shape with knife.Now the mouth watering burfi is ready to serve.