Carrot tomato soup is a perfect recipe for this monsoon. It’s a quick recipe and can be made very easily. We can serve soup as an evening snack along with toasted bread sticks or an appetizer before meal. The soup tastes yummy and colourful with carrots n tomatoes.Here I present carrot tomato soup, mildly spiced up with pepper corns/black pepper powder. Njoy Cooking,Serving n Savoring!
Carrot: 1 no.(Large)/2 nos. small to medium
Tomatoes: 2 nos.
Potato: 1 no.
Onion: 1 no.
Ginger: 1 inch piece
Garlic: 3/4 flakes
Bay leaf: 2 nos.
Corn flour: 1 tsp
Pepper corns:3/4 nos. or black pepper powder half tsp.
Butter: Half tsp
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse all the vegetables thoroughly under running water and keep aside.
2. First chop the tomatoes into fine pieces. Next peel the skin of carrot, potato,onion and chop them into fine pieces.
3. Peel the skin of ginger and garlic. Chop them also into tiny pieces.
4. Transfer all the chopped vegetables including ginger n garlic into a small pressure cooker.
5. Now add 1 cup of water, pressure cook for 2 whistles.
6. Allow the pressure to settle on its own.
7. Open the lid and transfer them into mixer grinder.
8. Grind the mixture into a purée. If needed add little water to get required consistency..
9. Heat Kadai/Pan put half tea spoon of butter or can add ghee also. Or if you don’t want to add butter/ghee ,can omit this step also.
10. Put 2 bay leaves just sauté for 20 seconds.
11. Now add the purée onto it and bring it to boil.
12. Meanwhile take 1 tsp corn flour and mix with half cup of water to make a smooth paste.
13. Pour this into bowling carrot tomato mixture. Add half tsp of black pepper powder. Add required amount of salt too.
14. Again boil the soup for 3 minutes after adding corn flour.
15. Switch off the flame and transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.
The soup can be strained using colander and serve hot.