This is another Indian traditional mouth watering sweet frequently prepared on special occasions. The Rava laddoo is made with sooji/semolina/Bombay rawa,desiccated coconut and sugar. Almost all Kids love to have them anytime. Here I present fragrant rava laddoo blended with dry fruits and desiccated coconut. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Bombay rava/sooji: 1 cup
Sugar: 1 cup
Desiccated coconut: 3/4 cup
Cardamom pods: 4/5 nos.
Cashews: 1 tbsp
Raisins: 1 tbsp
Almonds: 1 tbsp
Saffron: few strands
Ghee: 1 -1 1/2 tbsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Heat kadai pour ghee and fry the cashews,almonds till they just start changing colour.
2. Now add raisins and fry in the same kadai till they puff up well.
3. Take one cup of rava and pour carefully into the kadai which is having roasted dry fruits.Mix thoroughly and roast the rava on low flame. Keep stirring rava and continue to roast till it becomes aromatic and attains nice colour.
4. Meanwhile take a vessel and pour 1 cup of sugar add half cup of water and switch on the flame. Keep low flame and stir well. Stir continuously till the sugar dissolves and allow the sugar syrup to boil.
5. Crush 4/5 cardamoms in a mortar pestle.
6. Add the crushed cardamom pods to the boiling sugar syrup. While boiling check between intervals to get string consistency.
7. Continue boiling the sugar syrup for 5 more minutes or till it gets just one string consistency.(One string consistency means the sugar syrup will form like thin string when we keep the syrup between fingers).
8. When it attains the string consistency switch off the flame add few strands of saffron and transfer the syrup to a different vessel to maintain perfect one string consistency.
9. Now add the desiccated coconut to the roasted rava which is blended with dry fruits, mix thoroughly and fry for a minute. Because any moisture present in the copra will evaporate if refrigerated. Switch off the flame.
10. Now carefully and slowly add the roasted rava,dry fruits and desiccated coconut mixture to the sugar syrup without forming any lumps.Or you can pour the sugar syrup onto the rava mixture without forming lumps.
11. Allow the mixture to come to normal Temperature.
12. Apply little ghee to hand an make round balls of equal size to form rava laddoos. Usually I make two different sizes of laddoos. Small laddoos for my kids.
13. Now the delicious rava laddoos are ready and can be served during an auspicious occasion or any day as evening snacks to kids along with milk.