This is simple and extraordinary recipe made with pineapple. Anybody would love to have this as a starter or an appetizer. Pineapple is marinated with honey, cinnamon, black pepper powder.If you prefer lime flavor, lime zest can also be used for marinating along with other ingredients. Here I have not used lemon zest. The recipe is incredible with global flavors. Here I present unique, juicy and tempting caramelized pineapple to soothe our taste buds. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Pineapple: 1 no.
Sugar: 1 1/2 tbsp
Honey: 2 tbsp
Cinnamon powder: 1 tsp
Pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt: 1/2 tsp
Garam masala: 1 tsp
Method of preparation:
1. Clean and peel the skin of pineapple.
2. Cut pineapple along lengthwise into slices. Remove thin core of the pineapple from each slice.
3. Take a vessel and place the pineapple slices evenly.
4. Pour 2 tbsp of honey into pineapple slices.
5. In a mortar pestle, crush the cinnamon sticks and make into powder.
6. To get fine powder sieve through Tea filter.Gently tap the filter and Drizzle the cinnamon powder to spread evenly on all the pineapple slices.
7. Sprinkle a pinch of salt.Add pepper powder and garam masala too. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and marinate for minimum 30 minutes. Keep them in refrigerator.
8. After 30 minutes take out marinated pineapple outside.
9. Heat tawa or preferably griller, carefully place all the pineapple slices and slightly press them. Or you can fry 3/4 slices at a time on tawa. Slowly toast them on low flame for 5 minutes or till it turns into golden brown colour. Likewise toast the pineapple on all sides. Once they are toasted transfer them onto a plate.
10. Heat small Kadai pour 1 1/2 tbsp sugar. Don’t add any water. Sugar melts and turns into brown colour.
11. Now just add 1 tsp butter and switch off the flame. Mix thoroughly. Adding butter maintains perfect texture and colour.
12. Immediately Pour the caramelised sugar mixture onto the nicely decorated pineapple slices and serve immediately.
13. Now the juicy, sweet,nutty caramelised pineapple is ready and can be served immediately.