/urad dal chutney/minapa pappu pachadi/blackgram lentil chutney
Minumula chinthapandu pachadi is special delicacy of Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh. Almost all,every household in that region makes this pachadi very frequently. Me being native of Nellore dist.,got the opportunity to taste the pachadi several times from my childhood. My mom makes amazing minapa pappu pachadi. I tried many times this pachadi and presenting the best pachadi today. The main ingredients used in this pachadi are minapa pappu(blackgram lentil), tamarind and red chillies. Blackgram lentil(urad dal) is roasted and grounded along with red chillies and tamarind to a coarser paste. This pachadi tastes awesome with hot steamed rice with melted ghee or ground nut oil/peanut oil. Here I present tangy and coarse textured Nellore classic dish to relish on any day. Njoy Cooking,Serving n Savoring!
Urad dal(Black gram dal): 1 cup or small tumbler
Red chillies:15/20 nos.
Tamarind: big lemon sized
Salt: As required
Coriander seeds: 1 tsp
Oil: 2 tbsp.
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Hing(Asafoetida): 1 pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Take one small cup or tumbler of urad dal and keep aside.
2. Heat kadai pour 1 tbsp of oil into it and fry the urad dal.
3. Fry the urad dal on low flame till it changes to brown colour.
4. Meanwhile soak tamarind in a bowl of water.
5. When urad dal jus starts to change its colour add red chillies,coriander seeds into it and fry for a minute.
6. Transfer them onto a plate and allow the mixture to come down to room temperature.
7. Add required amount of salt too.
8. Take a mixer grinder, first put red chillies alone into it.
9. Grind red chillies to a coarse powder.
10. Now add soaked tamarind to it keeping water aside. Water used for soaking tamarind can be used for getting good consistency for the pachadi.
11. Grind tamarind also to get smooth consistency.
12. Add urad dal and salt to the grounded tamarind and red chilli mixture.
13. Grind them to get coarse texture to the pachadi. Add required amount of water along with left over tamarind water to get right consistency to the pachadi.
14. Now use pulse button in the mixer grinder to get good texture to the pachadi.
15. Heat small kadai add remaining and prepare the tempering using tempering ingredients.
16. Transfer the tempering into a serving bowl.
17. Now the pachadi is ready and can be transferred to a bowl which contains tempering.
18. Mouth watering and tempting minumula chinthapandu pachadi is ready and can be served with hot steamed rice drizzling ghee or oil onto it.