Apple halwa is very delicious and just melts in mouth. Apple halwa is an amazing dessert to treat kids. Usually kids must be bored of eating apples. So this is the best way to serve apples in the form of halwa. This is made with generous amount of ghee and dry fruits hence very nutritious and rich in calories. I have prepared Apple halwa using cinnamon powder. Apple and cinnamon a great combination,they made for each other. Here I present luscious Apple halwa to be served on any day. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Apples: 9 nos.
Cinnamon powder: 1 tsp
Sugar: 1 1/2-2 tbsp
Cardamom pods: 2/3 nos.
Saffron strands: 10 nos.(Approximately)
Ghee: 1 1/2 tbsp.
Dry fruits: Few for garnishing.
(Cashews,almonds n raisins)
Method of preparation:
1. For Apple halwa I have used red delicious apples. Rinse thoroughly under running water and keep aside.
2. Peel the skin of the apples, finely chop them and sprinkle sugar on it before proceeding for halwa. Because apples easily oxidizes and changes colour before chopping all apples. In order to prevent from decolorization we are drizzling sugar on them.
3. Now heat kadai and pour ghee. Put all the chopped apples into it. Keep on low to medium flame stirring at regular intervals.
4. Meanwhile take a mixer grinder or coffee grinder, put 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks and grind to a powder.
5. To get fine powder out of it sieve through a tea filter into bowl.
6. Now use this cinnamon powder for halwa. Take 2 tsp of cinnamon powder and drizzle on the apple.
7. In a mortar pestle crush cardamom pods and saffron strands together.
8. Add this also to the Kadai containing Apple pieces.
9. Mix thoroughly and continue cooking the apples on low flame.
10. Now add sugar to it and mix well.
11. Cook the apple and sugar mixture on low to medium flame stirring at regular intervals. While stirring apple pieces will turn into soft texture.
12. Using pestle carefully press the remaining apple chunks to become into smooth paste.
13. Add few raisins to the mixture and cook till mixture leaves the kadai and attains good gooey texture.
14. Grease a plate with ghee and pour the Apple halwa onto the plate. Spread the halwa quickly with a spatula uniformly.
15. Garnish the halwa with dry fruits and can be served hot.
16. Now the delicious Apple halwa is ready and can be topped with crushed dry fruits powder also.