This is another variation of preparing pindimirium using urla gadda. Urla gadda is a Telugu name for Potato. In southern parts of Andhra potato is called as urla gadda. And in other regions refer it as “Bangala dumpa”. To prepare this I have used moong dal instead of toor dal. This tastes amazing. And also instead of ground paste I have added freshly prepared rasam powder. This pindimirium is so simple especially when you don’t have veggies at home and want to finish effortless cooking in no time. Potato and moong dal cooked together and finally rasam powder is added. Here I present quick, easy and delicious potato pindimirium to relish the day. Njoy Cooking,Serving n Savoring!
Potato: 1 big(Or two small)
Moong dal: 1 cup
Rasam powder: 2 tsp
Salt: As required
Ghee/oil: 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Grated fresh coconut/dry copra powder: 1 tbsp
Hing: A pinch
Curry leaves: few
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse one cup of moong dal and add 3 cups of water in a copper bottom vessel.
2. Clean and peel the skin of big potato. Chop the potato into big chunks and immerse in water.
3. Mix the chopped potato with moong dal and water.
4. Heat vessel and allow them to boil.
5. Cook the moong dal and potato on low flame stirring occasionally.
6. Add a pinch of turmeric.
7. When I was preparing potato pindimirium I made rasam powder. So I added freshly ground rasam powder.
8. Add 2 tsp of rasam powder to the cooked moong dal and potato mixture. Mix thoroughly.
9. Cook it for 5 more minutes and switch off the stove.
10. Heat a small Kadai, pour tsp of ghee. Put 1 tsp of mustard seeds when it splutters add cumin seeds into it. Add a pinch of hing into it.
11. Now add grated fresh coconut or desiccated coconut and curry leaves. Fry for a minute and switch off the stove.
12. Pour the tempering onto to the potato pindimirium.
13. Now the flavoursome potato pindimirium is ready and can be served hot with rice or even chapathi.
In this potato pindimirium I have used rasam powder. Particularly for this recipe homemade rasam powder gives best results. It contains black pepper which gives soothing effect to the throat especially during winters.