Summertime!!!!Prepared mango rice with first crop of this season.I have got them from my parents neighbourhood garden. They are super tangy n fresh with nice flavour. I have prepared mango rice with special tempering. We can serve mango rice either as breakfast or along with lunch. Here I present spicy, tangy Mango rice to relish on any day during summers. Njoy Cooking,Serving n Savoring!
Mango: 1 no.(Big size)
Raw rice: 1 1/2 cups
Salt: As required
Turmeric: 1/2 tea spoon.
Oil: 2-2 1/2 tbsp
Chana dal: 1 tbsp
Urad dal: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1/2 tbsp
Green chillies: 4/5 nos.
Sesame seeds: 1/2 tbsp(Optional)
Red chillies: 2 nos.
Curry leaves: few
Method of preparation:
1. Clean the mango with water and peel the skin of it.
2. Grate the mango using grater in a bowl and keep aside.
3. Heat a small kadai pour 2-2 1/2 tbsp of oil into it.
4. Put mustard seeds, Chana dal and urad dal and fry the tempering on low to medium flame.
5. When they just start changing colour add few cashews and fry them too.
6. Now add roasted peanuts (with or without skin) , curry leaves, broken red chillies and a pinch of Hing into it.
7. Now add grated mango and fry for 2 minutes or till the raw smell goes.
8. Transfer the tempering into a broad vessel.
9. Cook 1 1/2 cups of rice using 4 cups of water using pressure cooker(The rice and water ratio depends on the quality of rice. Usually for making any flavored rice I use for 1 cup of rice 2.5 cups of water. And if using basmati rice the ratio changes n it’s 1:2).
10. Allow the pressure to settle down.
11. Put the cooked rice evenly into the tempering. Add a pinch of turmeric and required amount of salt into it.
12. Mix the rice and tempering thoroughly with a spatula.
13. Now the delicious mango rice is ready and can be served in a serving bowl.