Gutti Vankaya Kura(dry)/Stuffed Brinjal Curry
Gutti vankaya is favourite for all of us with so many variations. We can serve brinjal curry with steamed rice or rotis. Here in this recipe I have prepared brinjal curry with minimum ingredients. This is very simple but so delicious. If curry powder is there at home it takes jus 15-20 minutes to prepare this curry. Here I present yummilicious Gutti Vankaya Curry which can be served with hot steamed rice along with sambar or poriyal. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Brinjals(small purple colour): 7/8 nos.
Oil: 2-3 tbsp.
Curry powder: 5 tbsp.
(The recipe of Curry Powder is there in my earlier posts)
Ginger garlic paste: 2 tsp
Dhaniya(Coriander) powder: 1 tbsp
Jeera(Cumin) powder: 1 tbsp
Garam masala: 2 tsp
Turmeric: A pinch
Hing: A pinch
Red chilli powder: 2 tsp(adjust the spices according to your taste)
Salt: As required.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 7-8 nos. of small to medium brinjals to prepare the curry and rinse them in water.
2. Cut them longitudinally into four parts keeping the stem part. Place them in water which contains salt so that colour of the brinjals will not change.
3. Now keep all the ingredients mentioned for stuffing in a plate and mix thoroughly.
4. Stuff the brinjals one by one and arrange them in a plate.
5. Heat Kadai and pour 2-3 tbsp of oil into it.
6. When the oil becomes hot place brinjals slowly in the Kadai one by one.
7. Keep the stove on medium to high flame for few minutes.
8. Keep the lid and cook the brinjals mixing occasionally.
9. Switch off the flame when the brinjals become soft and the stuffed masala coats well.
10. Now the tasty n spicy stuffed brinjal curry(dry) is ready and can be served with hot steamed rice along with sambar or with any other accompaniment.
I have prepared the brinjal curry using readily available home made curry powder.If you want to try variation u can use onions,tomatoes and favourite spices and adjust the quantities according to your taste buds. If using onions n tomatoes first shallow fry them.once they become cool make them into puree an stuff the puree into brinjals. Remaining procedure is the same.