Falooda is a classical dessert best suited for scorching hot day. It is famous street food in Mumbai as well as Delhi. But now it’s become popular all over India. Main ingredients to prepare falooda are sweet basil seeds(falooda seeds), vermicelli/(falooda sev),rose syrup and ice cream. Sweet basil seeds are popularly known as subza seeds or falooda seeds.They are natural coolants and helps to maintain our body temperatures during peak summers. Falooda sev is prepared out of corn flour or wheat flour. We can get them from any super market. Instead of that we can use vermicelli also. Here in this recipe I have used vermicelli and it tasted good. I have replaced rose syrup with Rooh Afza and finally topped with vanilla ice cream, nuts. Here I present lip-smacking,filling Falooda to please our senses. Njoy Cooking,Serving n Savoring!
Sweet basil seeds(Sabja seeds/falooda seeds): 1 tbsp
Vermicelli: 2 tbsp
Rooh Afza or Rose syrup: 2 tbsp
Chilled Milk: 100 ml
Vanilla ice cream: 4 scoops.
Rose essence: 2 drops(Optional)
Dry fruits: Few(cashews,almonds,pistachios,blue berries n raisins)
Saffron strands: 3/4
Method of preparation:
1. Take 1 tbsp of Sabja seeds and soak in water.
2. When we pour water immediately subja seeds start absorbing water.
3. After 20 minutes they absorb water completely and looks transparent.
4. Meanwhile cook vermicelli on low to medium flame for 6/7 minutes or till they are done.
5. Strain the cooked vermicelli in a colander and keep aside.
6. To assemble the falooda take 2 serving glasses.
7. First put 1 tbsp of soaked subja seeds.
8. Over that put 1 tbsp of cooked vermicelli.
9. Then slowly pour 1 tsp of Roof Afza along the side of the glass so that it gives nice appearance and great taste too.
10. Now add 2 tbsp of Rooh Afza syrup and 2 drops of rose essence in 100 ml of chilled milk and mix thoroughly.
11. Crush the dry fruits in a mortar pestle. Spread few of them onto the vermicelli. Remaining dry fruits can be used for garnishing later.
12. Pour 50 ml of Roof Afza milk onto the vermicelli and subza seeds mixture(Pour 50 ml in each glass).
13. Now take 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and put it over the chilled milk.
14. Garnish with choice of dry fruits.
15. Now the Scrumptious Falooda is ready and can be served immediately.
1. The left over subja seeds can be strained completely using strainer and can be stored in an airtight container. But these soaked seeds should be consumed in a day or two.
2. We can use them to prepare lemonade and also can be added to lassi or even for desserts too.
3. While serving falooda for kids reduce the quantity of dry fruits an ice cream too.