Cookie ice cream
Cookie ice cream is very simple to prepare.This is a lovely frozen dessert for summers. My mom used to make this ice cream when we were young kids. Cookie ice cream is prepared with cookies particularly either good day biscuits or milk bikis. I have made cookie ice cream with Britannia good day butter cookies. The taste of cookie ice cream is different and unique. The three main ingredients milk, cookies and sugar are used to prepare the ice cream. Here I present lip-smacking cookie ice cream to enjoy this summer. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Good day cookies(Butter flavour): 8 nos.
Milk: 2 cups(small) or 300 ml
Sugar: 2 tsp
Vanilla essence: 3/4 drops(Optional)
Blue berries: Few for garnishing (Optional)
Method of preparation:
1. Take 2 cups of milk in a vessel and bring it to boil.
2. Boil for few minutes to get good consistency.
3. Add 2 tsp sugar and stir continuously. Boil furthermore for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
4. Now switch off the flame and add the cookies/biscuits.
5. Mix continuously so that all biscuits mix well with the milk.
6. The milk and biscuits mixture attains thick consistency.
7. Allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature.
8. Add 3 or 4 drops of vanilla essence. This gives nice flavour to the ice cream. Beat the mixture thoroughly with hand beater or spatula to get uniform texture.
9. Refrigerate the mixture for 3/4 hours pouring them into moulds or bowls.
10. Now the cookie ice cream is ready and can be served in a serving bowl or plate. Garnish ice cream with blueberries or you can serve it plain.