Pidacha kudumulu/variation for modak
Pidacha kudumu is simple version for kudumulu. We can prepare them just in 15 minutes. It is so easy to prepare with just three ingredients. The name pidacha(Telugu word) is derived from making of kudumulu by pressing with fist and giving impression of fingers on kudumulu. To prepare pidacha kudumulu just add rice flour, jaggery and ghee with required amount of water to form a smooth dough. Prepare kudumulu from the dough. Here I present simple yet delicious pidacha kudumulu (without any stuffing) to offer to God as naivedhyam. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Rice flour: 1 1/2 small cup
Jaggery: 1 cup
Ghee: 1 tsp
Water: As required
Cardamom pods: 2/3 nos.(Optional)
Method of preparation:
1. Take one and half tumbler of rice flour.
2. Add one cup of jaggery powder to the rice flour.
3. Add tsp of ghee to this mixture.
4. Mix thoroughly adding required amount of water. The amount of water depends on the quality of rice flour. Now add powdered cardamom.
5. Mix all the ingredients to form smooth dough.
6. Make odd number of kudumulu from the prepared dough.
7. Now steam the prepared kudumulu transferring them into a steamer for 10 minutes on low flame.
8. Switch off the stove and allow them to cool down. Open the lid carefully.
9. Transfer them onto a plate. With the above mentioned ingredients we can make 11 medium sized kudumulu. Adjust the quantities accordingly.
10. Now the pidacha kudumulu are ready along with Undrallu to offer to lord Vinayaka as naivedhyam. We can steam kudumulu and undrallu together by placing them in separate idly plates.