Undrallu is another favorite food of Lord Ganesha. Ganesha’s favored delicacies are very simple and easy to prepare. He is fond of kudumulu and undrallu. Both are prepared with rice only. They are easily digestible. One is sweet and the later one is savory. For our Vinayaka Chavithi kudumulu and undrallu are must. Undrallu are prepared with rice rava. If you don’t have time to prepare undrallu with rice rava simply you can prepare with rice flour and a pinch of salt adding required amount of water(make into small balls n steam them). But the undrallu prepared with rice rava taste excellent with simple ingredients. Use home made rice rava for best results. If not possible use good quality store-brought rice rava. Nowadays we are getting good quality rice rava from super markets. Get ready to prepare Undrallu this Vinayaka Chavithi. Here I present Undrallu which are prepared with rice rava and Bengal gram lentils. Worship God of new beginnings and remover of obstacles Lord Ganapathi and offer naivedhyam Undrallu. Njoy Cooking,Serving n Savoring!
Rice rava: 1 cup
Water: 2 1/4 cups
Bengal gram dal: 2 tbsp
Salt: As required
Ghee: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Method of preparation:
1. Soak chana dal for 30 minutes.
2. Take a Kadai or vessel, pour 2 1/4 cups of water and bring it to boil.
3. When it starts boiling add soaked chana dal and cumin seeds. Add ghee and required amount of salt too.
4. Allow them to boil for 2 minutes.
5. Now slowly add rice rava and mix continuously with forming any lumps.
6. Cover with lid and cook on low flame for 5 minutes. Stir the mixture in between intervals to avoid sticking to the vessel.
7. Cook till entire water evaporates.
8. Transfer it onto a plate and allow to cool down to normal temperature.
9. Grease the palms with ghee and make round balls.
10. Take a steamer or idly cooker and pour water. Switch on the flame and allow the water to boil.
11. Now keep the rice rava balls in idly moulds and place them in the steamer.
12. Steam the rice rava balls on low to medium flame for 10 minutes. Don’t keep the weight/whistle while steaming them.
13. After 10 minutes switch off the stove and allow to cool down.
14. Open the lid and transfer them onto a plate.
15. Offer the Undrallu to the Deity Ganesha and consume prasadam.