Rava dosa is everybody’s favoured South Indian breakfast. When dosa /idly batters ate not there at home, the immediate recipe comes to my mind is rava dosa. This is an effortless recipe but taste is very impressive. Using Just handy ingredients we can prepare rava dosa instantly without any fermentation. I’ve prepared rava dosa with rice flour, sooji(rava) adding few spices and greens. Here I present rava dosa with chutney powders and Andhra Gongura pickle. Njoy Cooking,Serving n Savoring!
Rice flour: 3 cups
Sooji/Bombay rava: 1 1/2 cups
Cumin: 1 tsp
Cashews: 6/7 nos.
Black pepper corns: 5/6 nos.
Curry leaves: a sprig
Coriander leaves: few
Asafoetida: A pinch
Salt: As required
Green chillies: 2 nos.(Optional)
Method of preparation:
1. Take 3 cups of rice flour in a vessel.
2. To that add 1 1/2 cups of sooji.
3. Add required amount of salt, cumin seeds, crushed black pepper, finely chopped curry leaves, chopped coriander, crushed cashews and a pinch of hing.
4. Mix all the ingredients without adding water.
5. Now slowly add water and mix thoroughly without forming any lumps. The consistency of the batter should be thin. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
6. Heat a nonstick pan, when it becomes hot drizzle some water.
7. Now sprinkle few drops of oil and spread the oil using ladle.
8. Mix the batter thoroughly because rava and rice flour settles at the bottom.
9. Now pour the rava dosa batter start from edges and move towards center.
10. Keep the stove on medium flame and drizzle oil over the dosa. Rava dosa takes little time to fry compared to regular dosa.
11. When it’s done on one side flip the dosa other side.
12. Fry the other side also thoroughly.
13. Fold the dosa into half and transfer onto a plate.
14. Likewise fry the other dosas too and transfer them onto a serving plate. Serve hot with chutney powder or chutney or with any pickle.
1. Here in this recipe I have not added any maida flour. If you want to add maida, instead of one and half cup sooji use one cup sooji, half cup maida. But I prefer rava dosas with sooji only.
2. To get crisp rava dosas follow the above steps after frying dosas serve immediately.
3. I’m fond of banana leaves. While using banana leaves for serving, transfer the hot food directly onto the banana leaf. The banana leaves possess anti bacterial properties. When we transfer the hot food onto the leaf the anti bacterial properties infuse into the food. Banana leaf has sharp flavour and imparts great taste to the food. Above all its hygienic and eco friendly. It’s our tradition to serve food on banana leaf.