Almond Broccoli soup
Almond broccoli soup is a wonderful recipe for all ages. This is highly nutritious soup with rich in protein and fibre content. Almonds are good for brain(boost brain power) and broccoli with an amazing store house of nutrients. Almonds and broccoli pair an awesome healthy combination. I’ve used soaked almonds to prepare the soup. The nutritional value increases when we soak the almonds. If you don’t have enough time for soaking, use the almonds directly. I’ve soaked almonds for three hours. After soaking peeled the skin of almonds, finely chopped them. Later sautéed with broccoli and prepared the soup. Here I present delicious Almond Broccoli soup to relish on any day. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Almonds: 10-12 nos.(For soaking)
Roasted almonds: 3/4 nos. (For garnishing)
Broccoli: 1 big floret
Onion: 1 no.
Garlic: 3/4 nos.
Salt: As required
Whole black pepper corns: few
Corn floor: 1 1/2 tbsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Ghee: 1 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Soak almonds for 3 hours.
2. After three hours, peel the skin of almonds and keep aside.
3. Take broccoli and rinse thoroughly under running water.
4. Remove the thick stalk of the broccoli.
5. Cut the broccoli into small florets.
6. Clean the onion and chop into tiny pieces. Chop the garlic too.
7. Take a kadai, roast few almonds and keep aside.
8. In the same kadai, pour oil and ghee. Fry the chopped onions and garlic for a minute. Add a pinch of salt into it.
9. After frying onion and garlic for two minutes, add crushed black pepper.
10. Mix well and add chopped broccoli florets.
11. Sauté broccoli for 5 minutes keeping on high flame.
12. Meanwhile chop the soaked almonds.
13. Add the chopped almonds into broccoli onion mixture.
14. Sauté for a minute and add 4 cups of water. Bring it to boil.
15. Now take 1 1/2 tbsp of corn flour into a bowl.
16. Add half cup of water to form uniform liquid.
17. Once it starts boiling add the corn flour which is mixed with water into it.
18. Mix well and keep stirring continuously till the soup consistency is achieved.
19. Now slit the roasted almonds into slivers for garnishing.
20. Now the delectable Almond Broccoli soup is ready and can be served hot.
21. The above mentioned ingredients make four servings.
22. Garnish the Almond broccoli soup with slivered almonds and serve hot.
1. In the above recipe I made soup without adding any cream. If you want creamy soup, just add one tea spoon of fresh cream when it’s hot. Mix well and serve immediately. Both are very tasty.
1. Blend the soup before adding corn flour in a blender or mixer grinder. Transfer the soup into a vessel and boil once again. This preparation also tastes amazing. Serve hot the soup as an appetizer or evening snack.