Wheat Rava Upma
Wheat rava Upma is a South Indian wholesome breakfast and good for Diabetics. The Upma is delicious and also very filling. I’ve not added any vegetable except onions. Very simple preparation to relish on any busy day. Here I present Wheat Rava Upma to relish with coconut chutney/ chutney powder. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Wheat rava: 2 small cups
Onion: 1 big
Salt: As required
Water: 4 cups.
Ghee: Half tea spoon(Optional)
Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Green chillies: 2 nos.
Ginger: 1 inch piece
Curry leaves: A sprig
Hing: A pinch(Optional)
Coriander leaves: Few for garnishing
Method of preparation:
1. Heat kadai, pour oil. Add theTempering ingredients except hing.
2. When mustard splutters and Urad dal, Chana dal turn into brown colour add a pinch of hing into it.
3. Meanwhile chop the ginger, green chillies and onion into pieces.
4. Put the chopped ginger, green chillies and onion into the tempering. Add curry leaves too.
5. Mix well and Fry them on low flame for few minutes or till the chopped onion pieces turn into translucent.
6. Take 2 cups of wheat rava in a plate.
7. Now add 4 cups of water to the fried onions and bring it to boil. Add required amount of salt.
8. When the water starts boiling, carefully add the rava into it without forming any lumps. Mix well.
9. Keep the lid and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
10. Open the lid and stir the Upma thoroughly without sticking to the kadai.
11. Likewise cook upma for few more minutes till it’s cooked well.
12. Now the tasty Wheat rava upma is ready to serve hot. Add half tea spoon of ghee and mix thoroughly.
13. Garnish with coriander leaves and Serve wheat rava upma hot with coconut chutney or chutney powder.