Pineapple kesari is my all time favourite!! Whenever I see pineapple I can’t stop myself making either pineapple rasam or kesari. Pineapple kesari is so delectable and luscious. Pineapple kesari can be served anytime along with breakfast or as dessert after meal. In South Indian marriages pineapple kesari is a must for breakfast along with idly/dosa/upma/pongal.Here I present juicy and mouth melting hot pineapple kesari to relish on any day. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Pineapple: one fourth part or 3/4 th cup chopped pieces
Rava: 1 cup
Sugar: 3/4 th cup or 1 cup
Cardamom pods: 5/6 nos.
Water: 3.5 cups
Ghee: 2 tbsp
Cashews n raisins: Few
Method of preparation:
1. Heat kadai, pour ghee and fry cashews till they change into light brown colour.
2. Now add raisins and fry them till they puff up well.
3. Take one cup of Bombay rava/sooji.
4. Pour rava into the fried cashews and raisins. Mix thoroughly.
5. Take one cup of sugar and keep aside.
6. Fry the rava till nice aroma comes.
7. In a separate vessel, pour 3 1/2 cups of water and bring it to boil.
8. Meanwhile take 1/4 th pineapple. Peel the skin and chop them into fine pieces. Remaining pineapple can be used to prepare rasam or can have as fruit.
9. Put them in boiling water. Add sugar too.
10. Now add crushed cardamom pods and boil for 2 minutes.
11. Now carefully pour the boiling water into the fried rava. Continuously stir the mixture so that no lumps are formed.
12. Cook on low flame stirring at regular intervals.
13. When it’s done, mixture leaves the sides of the kadai.
14. Now the delightful pineapple kesari is ready to serve hot.