Goru chikkududukaya kura(Another variation)
Cluster beans poriyal is very healthy and can prepare anytime. To prepare this recipe I’ve added fistful of red gram, copra powder and few peanuts. The poriyal is very tasty and serve with hot steamed rice or even with sambar rice/rasam rice. Here I present cluster beans poriyal which can be served on any busy day. Njoy Cooking,Serving n Savoring!
Cluster beans: 250 gms
Red gram(Toor dal): 1 1/2 tbsp or one fistful
Peanuts: 1 tbsp
Dry Copra powder: 1 1/2 tsp
(Or grated fresh coconut)
Oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Hing: A pinch
Turmeric: half tsp.
Curry powder: 2 tsp(Optional)
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse well cluster beans and chop or pluck them with hands into one inch pieces.
2. Take pressure cooker, keep the cluster beans onto a plate and spread the toor dal over them.
3. Steam them along with rice for 5/6 whistles.
4. Once the pressure settles down open the lid of the pressure cooker take the cluster beans plate outside. Toor dal cooked this way has nice crunchy texture.
5. Now heat kadai, pour oil. Add urad dal, chana dal, mustard, cumin and raw peanuts. When mustard splutters add a pinch of hing into it. Also add curry leaves and copra powder.
6. Now add steamed cluster beans with toor dal. Mix thoroughly and add required amount of salt.
7. Add curry powder and mix well. Addition of Curry powder gives nice aroma to the poriyal.
8. Now add red chilli powder and fry for a minute. Switch off the flame.
9. Now yummilicious cluster beans poriyal is ready to serve with hot steamed rice.
* Curry powder is optional. If curry powder is not available, add one tsp of coriander powder instead of it.
* Check my curry powder recipe which I’ve posted earlier.
* I’ve used copra powder, you can use fresh grated coconut also.