I’m so delighted to share with you all that TRIFLE PUDDING is my 150th post. I would like to mention a special thanks to all my wonderful friends, relatives and visitors who have been giving their continuous support, encouragement and valuable feedback through out the journey. Trifle pudding I have made it very simple. I’ve used Apple, few nuts, Amul cream, egg less butter sponge cake and butterscotch custard. Avoid citrus and melon fruits. Here I present luscious, tempting trifle pudding to pamper our taste buds. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Sponge cake: 100 gms
Custard: 1 cup
Amul/Whipped cream: 100 ml or 1 cup
Apple: 1 no.
Dry fruits: 2 tbsp(Cashews,raisins n almonds)
Blue berries: 1 tbsp
Sugar: 1 tsp.
Honey: 2 tbsp
Butterscotch custard powder: 3 tsp
Sugar: 6 tsp
Method of preparation:
1. Take 500 ml of milk and boil it.
2. In a small cup take 3 tsp of custard powder and mix with 2 tbsp of Luke warm milk without forming any lumps and keep aside; Or 2 tbsp of water can be used.
3. Now add quantity of sugar mentioned in the ingredients to the boiling milk and stir continuously.
4. Add custard powder mixed with milk into the boiling milk.
5. Mix thoroughly and stir continuously for two minutes on low flame.
6. The custard becomes into smooth consistency.
7. Now the butterscotch custard is ready and keep aside. Allow the custard to come down to normal temperature. When it cools down it becomes slightly thicker than the previous consistency.
1. Take a glass bowl or small individual glasses whichever is convenient.
2. Finely chop the apples. First spread one layer and sprinkle sugar to avoid oxidation. Put few crushed dry fruits.
3. Now pour one tbsp of custard.
4. Cut the sponge cake into small slices and place them.
5. Now repeat the steps 2,3, and 4. One layer of finely chopped Apple and dry fruits, above that custard and sponge cake.
6. After assembling the fruits,custard,sponge cake whip the cream to get soft peaks and place over it.
7. Garnish with blue berries. Likewise arrange multiple layers depending on the availability and individual requirement.
8. Cover with food grade plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 -4 hours.
9. Now the delicious mouth melting trifle pudding is ready to serve.
10. Serve the chilled trifle pudding topped with honey as a dessert.
I’ve prepared the easy and simplest version of trifle pudding. One can use mixed fruits or fruit puree or fruit jellies too. I’ve used butterscotch custard and store-bought sponge cake, instead you can use vanilla custard also. The leftover custard after assembling can be used to prepare fruit salad with custard or plain custard also tastes awesome.