Baby corn rice
Baby corn rice is mildly spiced and very delicious. I’ve prepared baby corn rice with left over rice. This can be served as lunch or as an evening snack for school going kids. Baby corn is a relished vegetable worldwide. There are so many varieties prepared with baby corn. Baby corn rice is the simplest of all dishes prepared with minimal ingredients. Here I present baby corn rice which can be served as a lunch or dinner. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: North Indian
Baby corn: 6/7 nos.
Onion: 1 big no.
Tomato: 1 big no.
Cumin: 1 tsp
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Garam masala: 1 tsp
Red chilli powder: half tsp
Cooked rice: 1 1/2 cup
Salt: As required
Oil: 1 tbsp
Method of preparation:
1. Remove the outer layer of the baby corn.
2. Rinse well and chop them into small pieces.
3. Chop the onion and tomato, keep aside.
4. Heat a kadai or non stick pan, pour oil and put the chopped onion pieces.
5. When onion turns into translucent add chopped baby corn,curry leaves and stir fry on low flame for 5 minutes.
6. Now add chopped tomato, fry along with onion and baby corn.
7. Fry for 5 more minutes and add coriander powder, garam masala, red chilli powder too.
8. Fry for a minute. Now add cooked rice. Also add required amount of salt and mix thoroughly. Switch off the flame and rest for 2 minutes.
9. Now tasty baby corn rice is ready to serve hot.