Corn spinach curry
Corn spinach/corn palak curry is so tasty and healthy. This curry is similar to palak paneer but paneer(Cottage cheese) is replaced with sweet corn. The colour combination is very tempting and inviting. Corn spinach curry can be served with roti, naan, pulka or even with jeera rice. Here I present colourful and flavourful corn spinach curry which is served with pulka. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: North Indian
Sweet Corn: Fresh/Frozen(1cup)
Spinach leaves: 3 bunches
Whole garam masala: bay leaf, cinnamon stick, Marathi moggu, cardamom pods and clove(Few)
Garam masala powder: 1 tsp
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Cumin powder: 1 tsp
Onion: 2 nos.
Tomatoes: 2 nos.
Salt: As required
Butter: 1 tbsp
Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp.
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp.
Turmeric: A pinch.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 3 medium bunches of fresh spinach leaves. Rinse them well and keep aside.
2. Take a vessel with sufficient water and keep the spinach leaves into them.
3. Blanch the spinach leaves(First boil them in enough water for 7 minutes and later keep in ice cold water).
4. Drain the water and keep the spinach leaves aside.
5. Now in a separate bowl, boil one cup of corn.
6. Boil them till they are cooked. Drain the excess water using colander and keep aside.
7. Now heat kadai, pour oil and butter. Put cumin seeds first. Later add finely chopped onions and turmeric into it. Mix well.
8. Fry the onions till they turn into translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté them for 2 minutes.
9. Now add bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom pods, Marathi moggu and clove. Sauté them for a minute.
10. Now add finely chopped tomatoes and sauté well. Add garam masala, coriander powder n cumin powder too..
11. Meanwhile take a mixer grinder, grind the blanched spinach leaves into a smooth puree.
12. Add this puree, sliced green chillies to the sautéed onion and tomato mixture.
13. Mix thoroughly and cook on low flame till oil oozes out.
14. If required add little amount of water, stir well.
15. When the spinach is properly cooked, add boiled sweet corn into it. Mix well.
16. Cook the gravy on low flame. Add required amount of salt and red chilli powder. Stir well.
17. Further cook for 2 more minutes and switch off the stove.
18. Now the delicious corn spinach curry is ready and serve hot with pulka topped with butter.