Veg mayonnaise sandwich
Veg mayo sandwich is another simple and easy recipe prepared with bread slices. This is creamy, juicy with all flavours. Mayonnaise can be replaced with hung curd. This can be served as an evening snacks or for brunch. Veg mayonnaise sandwich doesn’t require any accompaniment. I’ve used eggless mayonnaise. Bread slices are slightly toasted, filled with mayonnaise and fresh veggies. Here I present creamy veg mayonnaise sandwich which can be served as an evening snacks to treat our loved ones. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Bread slices: 8 nos.
Mayonnaise: 1/3 cup or 2 tbsp
Finely chopped veggies: half cup
(Onion,cucumber,capsicum n tomato)
Salt: As required(Use only little, because already mayo n butter contains salt)
Oregano: 1 tsp
Black pepper powder: half tsp
Coriander leaves: few
Butter: 2 tsp(For toasting).
Method of preparation:
1. Take required number of bread slices. Heat tawa, toast them slightly applying butter on both sides. Transfer them onto a plate.
2. Meanwhile take mayonnaise into a bowl, add finely chopped veggies mentioned in the ingredients. Also add oregano and black pepper powder. Mix thoroughly.
3. Now add fresh and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
4. Now take roasted bread slices, spread the mayonnaise mixture onto the slices. If you are using 8 bread slices only fill half of them with mayonnaise mixture. Remaining 4 slices are used to cover them.
5. Likewise spread the mayonnaise mixture onto the bread slices and assemble them.
6. Arrange them in a plate and cut the sandwiches into triangles or can have them directly.
7. Transfer them onto a serving plate and serve the mouthwatering veg mayonnaise sandwiches immediately.
1. If you are planning to pack lunch/snack box for kids, do not toast the bread slices. Just spread the mayonnaise(More veggies n less mayo) onto to the bread slices, cover them with another bread slice. Cut them into required shape and pack them in an airtight box. They remain fresh for 3-4 hours.
2. Use your choice of vegetables and spices. Remove the seeds of tomato and cucumber while chopping.