Instant Ragi dosa
Ragi is South India’s staple food. There are so many varieties prepared with ragulu(Ragi) like Ragi rotti, Ragi mudde(Sankati), Ragi Java(Porridge) and Ragi dosa. Instant Ragi dosa is super easy breakfast or snack. We can prepare the dosas instantly at any time. The batter doesn’t require any fermentation. Instant Ragi dosa is prepared by adding Ragi flour and rice flour to yield nice crisp dosas. Here I present crispy instant Ragi dosa to serve as a breakfast or evening snack. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: South Indian
Ragi flour: 1 1/2 cup
Rice flour: 1/2 cup
Salt: as required
Water: As required
Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp for roasting.
Method of preparation:
1. Take Ragi flour and rice flour in a vessel.
2. Add salt and required amount of water(approximately 4 cups). The consistency of the batter should be watery to get crispy dosas. If required add more water.
3. Mix well and keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
4. Heat tawa, season well with oil.
5. Mix thoroughly before pouring batter for each dosa, because the flour settles at the bottom of the vessel.
6. Pour 2/3 ladles of the dosa batter onto the tawa. Do not spread the batter.
7. Drizzle oil, roast the dosas on both sides keeping on high flame.
8. Likewise roast all the dosas in batches. The above prepared batter yields 7-8 dosas.
9. Transfer the dosas onto a serving plate and serve hot with coconut chutney or chutney powder(Podi).