Celebrate this Diwali with a versatile dessert sago pudding. Sago pudding can be prepared in many ways. It can be cooked with milk and then sugar or jaggery is added. Sago pudding can also be prepared with Palm sugar, coconut milk and a dash of vanilla essence. This is truly an awesome delight. I’ve used sago pearls, organic Palm sugar and coconut milk to prepare the sago pudding. It just melts in mouth. Here I present luscious sago pudding which can be served as a dessert. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Sago/tapioca pearls: 1 cup or 100 gms
Palm sugar: 100 gms
Coconut milk: 100 ml.
Vanilla essence: 2 drops.
Water: 750 ml.(Approximately).
Method of preparation:
1. Take 1 cup or 100 gms of sago pearls in a vessel. I’ve an electronic digital weighing scale. So I’ve taken exactly 100 gms of sago which is almost equal to one small cup.
2. Transfer the sago into a vessel.
3. Now soak the sago for 2 hours in enough water.
4. After 2 hours of soaking the sago pearls absorb water and they puff up well.
5. Take a heavy bottomed vessel, put the soaked sago and add 750 ml of water approximately. Cook the sago on low flame for 15 minutes or till the sago turns into translucent. Keep stirring continuously to avoid sago sticking to the bottom. Add little water if required. Keep the lid and rest the sago for 10 minutes.
6. Now strain the sago using colander. Use clean water to clear the starch present it.
7. Keep the collected sago in separate bowls to set.
8. Keep in refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
9. Meanwhile take 100 gms of organic Palm sugar and add 2 tbsp of water. Boil it for 5 minutes and keep aside.
10. Now take 100 ml of coconut, add 2 drops of vanilla essence. Mix well and just bring it to boil. Keep stirring continuously and switch off the flame when it starts boiling. Allow the milk to come down to normal temperature.
11. Now take the chilled and set sago from the refrigerator. Scoop the sago carefully and transfer it into a serving bowl.
12. Now pour the coconut milk onto the chilled and set sago.
13. Next pour the Palm sugar syrup onto the chilled sago.
14. Now delicious n sweet-smelling sago pudding is ready to serve.
15. Relish the dessert sago pudding this Diwali with your loved ones.
If Palm sugar is not available, you can use organic jaggery powder. Remaining procedure is the same.
Sago pearls: 1 cup(Small)
Jaggery powder: 1 cup(Small)
Coconut milk: 1 cup(Small)
Vanilla essence: 2 drops(Optional).
Method of preparation:
1. Take one small cup of sago pearls in a vessel and soak for 2 two hours.
2. Now boil the sago with enough water till it becomes translucent. Allow to cool down and set in refrigerator for 2-3 hrs. in separate bowls.
3. Meanwhile prepare coconut milk, jaggery syrup and allow to cool down to normal temperature.
4. Now carefully scoop the set sago onto a serving bowl/plate.
5. Pour jaggery syrup and coconut milk.
6. Serve the mouth melting sago pudding and enjoy.