Curd is obtained by the fermentation of milk. Curd and milk become part of our lives. Indians complete their meal with curd. Curd can be consumed as plain or with steamed rice. Curd can be used to prepare curd chutneys, buttermilk and lassi too. It can be added to few food preparations along with other ingredients. Here I present simple curd which can be served with steamed rice. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring.
Milk: 500 ml.
Curd: 1 tbsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 500 ml of milk and boil the milk. Allow to boil for 2 more minutes.
2. Allow to cool down on its own.
3. Take 1 tbsp of curd, mix thoroughly to the boiled and cooled milk.
4. Set it overnight. The fermentation process approximately takes 8 hrs.
5. The curd is set overnight. The yummy curd is ready to serve with steamed rice.
1. If you’re in a hurry to make curd, follow these simple steps. Allow the milk to cool down fast by keeping in a container which has cold water. This technique helps the hot milk to become warm within 2 minutes. Now add one tablespoon of curd for fermentation. Mix thoroughly.
2. Now add one red chilli to it and allow to set. The addition of red chilli gives nice taste and helps to set the curd faster. It took 3.5 hours to set the curd. Once the curd is set remove the red chilli and serve. The fermentation process depends on climatic conditions.