Today is a very special day for me as “Akshayakumbham” is celebrating its 2nd anniversary. I would like to Thank all my readers for making it a big success. On this occasion I’m posting my kids all time favourite crispy corn kernels which is very easy to prepare and so delicious.
Crispy Corn Kernels
Who says no to a crispy, juicy corn kernels on a rainy day. This is absolutely delicious. My kids love to have them anytime. The preparation is very easy and simple, within 15 minutes of time we can make this recipe. Here I present mildly spiced kids friendly evening snack Crispy corn kernels to savour this monsoon. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Evening snacks
Maize/corn on the cob: 1 no. (Or 1 bowl of corn kernels)
All purpose flour: Half tbsp
Corn flour: Half tbsp
Red chilli powder: Half tsp
Pav bhaji masala: Half tsp
(Or chat masala)
Black pepper: one fourth tsp
Salt: As required
Oil: For deep frying(Approximately 6 tbsp)
Onion: 1 no. (Small)
Green chilli: 1 no.
Coriander leaves: few.
Method of preparation:
1. To prepare crispy corn kernels, I’ve used American sweet corn. They are juicy with sweet taste.
2. Remove the husk of the corn on the cob.
3. Now separate corn kernels from the cob using a knife.
4. Transfer the corn kernels into a bowl.
5. Now add all purpose flour, corn flour and other spices mentioned in the ingredients. Add required amount of salt and mix thoroughly. No need to add water. The natural moisture present in the corn helps to bind the spices.
6. Now heat kadai, pour oil for deep frying. Now fry the corn kernels for 3 or 4 minutes till they change into golden brown colour.
7. Transfer them onto a plate containing kitchen paper towel to absorb excess oil.
8. Likewise deep fry the remaining corn kernels.
9. Now heat a pan, pour half tsp of oil, put chopped onion, finely chopped green chillies and coriander leaves. Just sauté them for a minute.
10. Now add fried corn kernels to this mixture and mix thoroughly.
11. Switch off the flame and transfer the fried corn kernels onto a serving plate.
12. Now the amazing crispy corn kernels are ready to serve hot.
Small variation with corn on the cob
This is so easy and healthy recipe. Just grill the corn on stove top till it is roasted on all sides of the corn. Turn the corn cobs frequently using tongs. Serve corn on the cob as plain or season with salt, lemon juice and chilli powder.
Maize/Corn on the cob: 1 no.
Salt: As required.
Lemon juice: Few drops(Optional)
Method of preparation:
1. Take one corn on the cub, remove the husk of the corn.
2. Keep the corn on the cob directly on the flame using tongs.
3. Rotate the corn for every two minutes till it’s completely done on all sides.
4. Make them into pieces. Season with salt and enjoy.