Green chilli pachadi
Green chilli pachadi is especially for spice lovers. This is very spicy pachadi which goes well with hot steamed rice. The green chillies are fried, ground with tamarind along with seasoning and tempered with mustard, cumin, urad dal and a pinch of asafoetida. Here I present hot and sour green chilli pachadi to serve with hot steamed rice. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Green chillies: 6 nos.(Big variety)
Tamarind: lemon size
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Coriander seeds: 1 tsp
Roasted peanuts: 1 tsp(Optional)
Oil: 1 tsp
Turmeric: Generous pinch
Oil: 1 tbsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Asafoetida/hing: A pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Heat kadai, pour one tsp of oil into it. Put urad dal, chana dal, cumin and coriander seeds. Fry them till they change into colour. Now add roasted peanuts and fry for a minute. Transfer them onto a plate.
2. Take six green chillies, rinse them well with water. Slit them along lengthwise and keep aside.
3. Now in the same kadai, put green chillies and fry them till they are done completely. Add tamarind and fry for a minute.
4. Take a mixer grinder, put the roasted chana dal, urad dal, coriander seeds, peanuts and cumin seeds. Add required amount of salt and turmeric too. Grind them to a coarse powder.
5. Now add tamarind and grind it too.
6. Now add fried green chillies and pulse once to get coarse paste. Keep aside.
7. Heat kadai, pour 1 tbsp of oil. Put urad dal, mustard and cumin seeds. When they splutter add a pinch of hing into it.
8. Mix thoroughly the pachadi with tempering in the kadai.
9. Transfer the pachadi into a serving bowl.
10. Now the hot and sour green chilli chutney is ready to serve with hot steamed rice topped with melted ghee.
1. This pachadi is refrigerated and can be used for 2/3 days.
2. The leftover pachadi can be used for dals to enhance the flavour and spice. It can be used to make other chutneys also.