Vegetable pulao in a rice cooker
This is quick, healthy and easy pulao prepared with veggies which can be packed for lunch box also. I’ve not added any garam masala powder, just the whole garam masala with plenty of vegetables. The veggie pulao can be served with Raita or with any pickle. Here I present mildly spiced vegetable pulao which can be served with onion raita. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: North Indian
Carrots: 2 nos.
Beans: 10 nos.
Potatoes: 1 no.big
Green peas: Fistful
Onion: 1 no. Big
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
Whole garam masala: Bay leaf(2 nos.), cardamom(4 pods), clove(3 or 4 nos.), cinnamon(1 no.),biriyani flower(2 nos.),mace(1 no.), kapok buds(Marati moggu 2 nos.), Star anise(2 nos.)
Coriander leaves: Few
Salt: As required
Rice: 2 cups
Water: 5 cups
Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp
Ghee: 2 tsp
green chillies: 1/2 nos.
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp(Optional)
Cumin powder: Half tea spoon.
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse well the veggies potatoes, onion, carrot and beans. Chop them into required size and shape.
2. Rinse well two cups of rice and soak in five cups of water for 20 minutes. Keep aside.
3. Heat kadai, pour oil and ghee. Put onions and fry them in oil/ghee till they change into translucent.
4. Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté for two minutes.
5. Now add whole garam masala and sauté for two minutes.
6. Now add chopped veggies and fry for five minutes.
7. Now add chopped coriander leaves and fry for a minute.
8. Now add green peas and fry for a minute.
Sauté the veggies for two minutes.
9. Now add soaked rice to the sautéed veggies and fry for a minute. Add green chillies too.
10. Add soaked water to the rice and veggies mixture. Mix well, add required amount of salt and bring it to boil.
11. Transfer this mixture into rice cooker and cook the vegetable pulao in cooking mode. It will take 20 minutes(Approximately) to cook the pulao. When the button comes to warm mode, the pulao is ready to serve.
Mix thoroughly before serving the pulao.12. Serve the hot and tasty pulao with onion raitha.
13. Drizzle cumin powder and red chilli powder onto the raitha and enjoy.