Mamidi allam pachadi
Mamidi allam/Mango ginger rhizome sounds interesting, because it has got the flavour of mango and the taste of ginger. It looks like ginger rhizome but the colour is slightly lighter than normal ginger. Mango ginger is quite refreshing, crunchy and juicy with its tantalizing aroma. Chutney is prepared with mango ginger like any other chutneys. The chutney is very delicious when served with hot steamed rice topped with melted ghee. Here I present spicy and tangy mamidi allam pachadi to relish. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Mango ginger/mamidi allam: 75gms.(Approximately)
Tamarind: lemon size
Red chillies: 10 nos.
Salt: As required
Oil: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Chana dal: Half tsp
Coriander seeds: 1 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds: 1/4th spoon
Cumin: Half tsp
Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp
Black gram(Split) with husk: 1 tsp
Bengal gram: 1 tsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Asafoetida: A pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Take 75 gms(Approximately) of mango ginger, rinse well with water.
2. Peel the skin and finely chop the mango ginger. Keep aside.
3. Heat kadai, pour one tsp of oil. Put Bengal gram, black gram, coriander seeds, fenugreek and cumin seeds. Roast them till they change into light brown colour. Add red chillies and fry them for a minute.
4. Transfer them onto a plate and allow to cool down to normal temperature.
5. Meanwhile soak tamarind for 15 minutes.
6. Take a mixer grinder, put the roasted and cooled ingredients and required amount of salt.
7. Grind them to a coarse powder.
8. Now add soaked tamarind and grind to a smooth paste.
9. Add chopped mango ginger and grind once again to get coarse paste.
10. Transfer the pachadi into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
11. Heat kadai and pour oil for tempering. Put mustard seeds, split black gram(Husk), Bengal gram and cumin seeds. When mustard seeds splutter, add a pinch of asafoetida.
12. Pour the tempering onto the mango ginger chutney.
13. Mix thoroughly and transfer the chutney into a serving bowl.
14. Serve the mamidi allam pachadi with hot steamed rice. This pachadi goes well with curd rice too as an accompaniment. This pachadi is refrigerated and can be consumed for 2/3 days.