Instant Rava idly
Instant rava idly is made with sooji/Bombay rava. The idly batter doesn’t require any fermentation. We can prepare the Rava idlies within 45 minutes(Including soaking) of time. While preparing tempering I’ve added chopped mango ginger pieces to enhance the flavour. They are very delicious when served hot with any South Indian chutney. Here I present delightful instant Rava idly which is served as a breakfast or as an evening snack for school going children. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: South Indian
Bombay rava: 1 cup(Small)
Thick curd: 1/2 cup(Small)
Water: 3/4 th cup(Small)
Carrot: 1 no. Small
Salt: As required
Baking soda: Generous pinch
Sesame oil: Half tsp
Ghee: Half tsp
Green chilli: 1 no.
Ginger: Half inch piece
Mango ginger: Half inch piece(Optional)
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Whole black pepper corns: 7/8 nos.
Cashews: 1 tsp
Hing: A pinch
Curry leaves: Few
Coriander leaves: Few
Method of preparation:
1. Heat pan or non stick kadai, pour oil.
2. Put mustard seeds, Urad dal(white and split black), whole black pepper and Chana dal. When they slightly change colour, add broken cashews. Fry them well.
3. Meanwhile chop ginger, mango ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves and green chilli into tiny pieces. Keep aside.
4. Put the chopped ingredients into the roasted mixture and fry for a minute.
5. Take one small carrot, peel the skin and grate it. Now add grated carrot and sauté for few seconds. Keep some for garnishing.
6. Now add Bombay rava and roast till raw smell goes.
7. Transfer the roasted mixture into a bowl and allow to cool down.
8. Take half cup of curd and pour into the cooled mixture.
9. Add required amount of salt and half cup of water.
10. Mix thoroughly and keep it aside for 20- 30 minutes. Adjust the quantity of water to get desired idly consistency.
11. Now take idly mould, grease idly plate with ghee and pour the batter in them.
12. Steam them just for 15 minutes like normal idlies. Don’t keep the whistle while steaming idlies.
13. Switch off the flame and allow the steam to settle down and open the lid.
14. Remove the idlies from idly mould and transfer them onto a serving plate.