Sorakaya Paalu posina Kura
Sorakaya Paalu posina kura is so delicious and also a very healthy recipe. I’ve prepared the curry with bottle gourd, rice flour and milk. This curry is popular in coastal region of Andhra Pradesh. Here I present yummilicious and mildly spiced Sorakaya palu posina kura which can be served with hot steamed rice or pulka/chapathi. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Bottle gourd/Sorakaya: 1 no. Big
Milk: Half cup or 100 ml.
Rice flour: 1 tsp(Optional)
Garlic flakes: 10 nos.
Green chillies: 2 nos.
Grated fresh coconut: 1 tsp
Cashew powder: 1 tsp.
curry leaves: Few
Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Hing: A pinch.
Method of preparation:
1. Take one big bottle gourd, peel the skin and also remove the seeds. Chop the bottle gourd into fine pieces.
2. Now take small pressure cooker, heat it and pour oil.
3. Put mustard, Urad dal and chana dal. When mustard splutter add a pinch of hing into it.
4. Now add garlic flakes and sauté for half minute.
5. Now add chopped bottle gourd into the tempering.
6. Mix well, keep the lid and whistle. Pressure cook for 3 whistles on medium flame. No need to add water for steaming. Because bottle gourd is a watery vegetable and it releases lot of water while cooking.
7. Allow the pressure to settle down on its own. Now open the lid.
8. Again switch on the flame and keep on high flame till all the water evaporates.
9. Meanwhile take half cup of milk and one tsp of rice flour in a bowl. Mix them thoroughly.
10. Once the water evaporates, add chopped green chillies and milk mixture. Add curry leaves too.
11. Mix thoroughly and stir continuously for a minute to avoid curdling of milk.
12. Now add grated coconut, mix well and switch off the stove.
13. Now fry crushed cashew nut powder in a tsp of oil till it changes colour.
14. Now the Sorakaya paalu posina kura is ready to serve. Transfer the curry into a serving bowl and garnish with fried cashew nut powder.
15. Serve the bottle gourd milk curry with hot steamed rice or roti too and enjoy the flavours.