Today is Children’s Day! Celebrate Children’s day with kids favourite snack “Curd Apple ber sandwich”. I’ve prepared the sandwich with brown bread and few vegetables along with Apple ber/Indian jujube. Apple ber is a new variety which luks like green apple but smaller in size and tastes like Indian plum. It’s quite an easy recipe loved by all kids. Here I present simple curd Apple ber sandwich recipe to give a feast to our little ones and make them feel special. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Brown bread: 4 slices
Apple ber: 1 no.
Onion: 1 no.
Tomato: 1 no.
Fresh/frozen Corn kernels: One fistful
Curd: Half cup
Dry basil: 1 tsp
Oregano: 1 tsp
Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
Coriander leaves: Few
Salt: As required
Ghee/butter: 2 tsp for toasting bread
Method of preparation:
1. Take four bread slices and keep aside.
2. Take Apple ber, onion and tomato, rinse them well with water.
3. Chop them into tiny pieces and keep aside.
5. Take half cup of curd and strain using a filter to get hung curd or you can use kitchen napkin to get hung curd.
7. Now transfer the chopped Apple ber, onion, tomato and boiled corn kernels into the same bowl which contains curd.
8. Add required amount of salt, oregano, dry basil and black pepper powder. Also add few finely chopped coriander leaves.
9. Mix thoroughly all the ingredients present in the bowl and keep aside.
10. Heat tawa and season well with ghee.
11. Take one bread slice, spread the curd mixture onto the bread and cover with another bread slice.
12. Now carefully place the sandwich onto the tawa and keep a weight so that the bread toasts well on all sides. Toast the sandwich on both sides.
13. Turn the bread other side after two minutes and toast the bread similarly.
14. Likewise toast all the bread sandwiches.
15. Transfer them onto a plate.
16. Now cut them into triangles or required shape.
17. Now the yummy Curd sandwich is ready to serve hot.
18. Serve the Curd Apple ber sandwich with tomato ketchup or it can be served as plain too.